Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Zucchini Cashew Soup Healthy Recipe

This soup is sure to satisfy you, whether you are vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater! If you are looking for a super easy recipe, that even my meat eating hubby loved, try my Zucchini Cashew Soup Healthy Recipe!  He turned up his nose, when I told him what I was making for dinner.  But he was pleasantly surprised that it tasted very much like Cheesy Broccoli.  In fact, we are going to actually steam some broccoli next time and put bits of steamed broccoli in the finished product…for a bit of chunkiness.  We paired this with some cucumber and tomato salad!  I must STRESS that you need to use organic ingredients for this recipe too.  This is a good detoxing recipe as well.  I love meals that are super healthy, but make me feel like I am eating something I should feel guilty about!  ha ha!

Here is one of my favorite places to get my organic produce and other various things like my Veggie Broth I used for this recipe!

I used these in my recipe as well!


This is what it looked like in my blender, before I blended it altogether!

I blended it in my Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express and this is what it looked like!


For 1 Serving

Ingredients

  • 2 Zucchinis
  • 1/3 cup raw cashews
  • Organic Vegetable Broth
  • Bragg Liquid Aminos (To Taste) or Pink Himalayan Salt
  • Herbal seasoning or fresh herbs, like basil, dill, tarragon or thyme (I used Spike Seasoning and Fresh Dill)

Directions

  1. 1.) Soak Raw Cashews in filtered water for 1-2 hours. The longer you soak, makes the cashews blend creamier.
  2. 2.) Steam 2 organic zucchinis with skin on until tender.
  3. 3.) Drain the Cashews and add it to the blender, along with the zucchini, fresh or dried seasoning (I used Spike Seasoning and Fresh Dill) and enough veggie broth so it blends well. Add some Pink Himalayan Salt or Liquid Aminos. (Liquid Aminos is like soy sauce, only this one is good for you).
  4. Reheat if needed. You can always add some steamed veggies, if you like it chunky! 
We ended up going and getting some broccoli.  I steamed some and put it in the soup!  Soooo delish!


No comments: