Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Broccoli Slaw Pasta







serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side
4 Points Plus per serving, give or take, dependent on cheese and sauce


You will need
Olive oil
One bag of broccoli slaw
Pasta sauce to taste (pour till it feels right)
Garlic to taste (1-2 tbsp)
salt and pepper
Your choice of cheese (I chose parmesan)
I start by pouring a wee bit of olive oil into my deep saucepan.

Okay, this is not a wee bit. I missed the “oil shot” the first time. I took half this oil out of the pan before I commenced my cooking.
Heat your oil on medium until it shimmers. Coat the pan, then dump your broccoli slaw in. Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste.

this is half a bag of broccoli slaw, as i was cooking for one. sidenote: cut it out with the red cabbage, bagged salad makers! irritating
Stir until it all glistens with oily goodness. Cover your saucepan and let your broccoli slaw soften for about five minutes–you want these a little softer than al dente.
It will turn a fabulous green color. I love how broccoli does this.

picture does no justice
When softened, add your sauce. Yeah I use Hunt’s No Added Sugar Pasta Sauce from a can. No shame.

plop
Then stir.

fancy
Then let it heat up a bit more. Finally, turn off the heat and add your cheese.

check out that money shot!
Stir and serve hot.

The possibilities are endless for broccoli slaw. For a spicy side veg, mix it with salsa verde or regular salsa. Mango salsa would also work.

I recently saw this recipe on Skinnytaste for Buffalo Turkey Burgers with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw. I’m getting on that real quick.

You can also put it on top of burgers or sandwiches raw for a nice crunch, or add it to salads for extra veggie power. Try it–you might like it.

http://eatdrinkbite.com/2012/05/18/broccoli-slaw-pasta/

No comments: