Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Biggest Loser Top 20 Evening Snacks






Top 20 Evening Snacks

What the Biggest Losers recommend for nighttime munchies

Join the Biggest Loser Club now, click here!

Evening snacking doesn't have to be your downfall. Try some of these favorite snacks from Biggest Losers.

1. Mark Yesitis - I have given up so many of my favorite foods, but I just can't live without chocolate. Hands down, my favorite snack is fat-free frozen fudge bars.

2. Lisa Andreone - Sugar-free hot chocolate (the 25-calorie kind) made with water and a dollop of fat-free whipped topping (5 calorie kind) or carrot sticks with hummus.

3. Al Stephens - I love sandwiches. I make a wrap with a small low-carb tortilla. Sometimes I just use lettuce, tomato, and hummus. Other times I have a little leftover grilled chicken with spicy mustard.

4. Ruben Hernandez - I have finally learned to satisfy my sweet tooth with fruit instead of rich desserts and pastries. Apple slices with low-fat peanut butter or fresh berries with fat-free whipped topping are my favorite satisfying snacks.

5. Suzy Preston - If you know the evening is when you usually binge, save your calories for that time. Make them work for you and don't fight it all day. I save up for the evening and have air-popped popcorn with low-cal butter spray. I always have precut veggies ready for my "snacky" moments.

6. Ryan Kelly - Low-fat popcorn is my favorite anytime snack.

7. Ruben Hernandez - I never thought nuts could be part of a weight loss plan. My favorite guilt-free snacks are low-fat or fat-free yogurt with just a few unsalted cashews or almonds, or a piece of fresh fruit and unsalted nuts.

8. Lisa Andreone - For my snacks, I always combine a carbohydrate and a protein, such as peanuts, almonds, or cashews and a piece of fruit or turkey slices and low-fat yogurt.

9. Ryan Kelly - The only time I really have cravings is at night. I have to have something sweet. I love fresh fruit, but I can't live without sugar-free chocolate Popsicles.

10. Shannon Mullen - Frozen fruit is a refreshing snack (and easy to prepare if you think ahead). Frozen grapes and bananas are my favorites. They're great to have on hand when that sweet tooth strikes.

11. Stacie Farr - My favorite nighttime snack is Parmesan popcorn - 2 cups air-popped popcorn sprinkled with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese - only 80 calories.

12. Amy Hildreth - I make a mini-sandwich with a high-fiber cracker and a wedge of light cheese - only 60 calories.

13. Marty Wolf - I like to make a smoothie with 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk, fresh strawberries or blueberries, and a spoonful of fat-free vanilla yogurt.

14. Tiffany Flores Hernandez - I have a weakness for peanut butter. I spread a tablespoon on celery sticks for a filling evening snack.

15. Jessica Lanham - Sometimes I have grilled veggies left over from dinner. I like to wrap sliced turkey or a little smoked salmon around a piece of grilled asparagus or roasted bell pepper.

16. Matt Kamont - When it's cold out, I like to make a small bowl of oatmeal. I usually have vanilla yogurt and a few chopped pecans with it.

17. Kai Hibbard Martin - I like to make a mini quesadilla with a small high-fiber tortilla and low-fat mozzarella or Cheddar.

18. Amy Tofanelli - I try to have a cup of herbal tea at night when I get hungry. My nighttime snack is usually fat-free or lowfat yogurt of some sort, topped with a few fresh berries.

19. Jeff Levine - I like to have a little smoked salmon on a whole grain rye cracker. Sometimes I add mustard or horseradish.

20. Tami Bastian - I like to have a cup of miso soup. If I'm extra hungry, I add a little bit of diced tofu.


http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/healthy-eating/evening-snacks/

No comments: