Gather your IngredientsPurchase cream of tartar. You will be required to use 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of cream of tartar daily for between 7 and 21 days until the nicotine is flushed from your body.
- You can purchase cream of tartar in as little as 1.5 oz. (42.52 g) jars, which equates to 9 tsp. (44.36 milliliters). If you think you may need more than 9 days to quit smoking, you may want to purchase a larger container of cream of tartar.
- Buy cream of tartar in its most natural form. Organic or natural cream of tartar will be the healthiest options to help you quit smoking, as some manufacturers may add chemicals such as preservatives to cream of tartar.
- Buy organic or all-natural orange juice that is not made from concentrate. Concentrated orange juice or processed orange juice will not contain the amount of nutrients your body needs during the natural detoxification process.
- You may need to return to your local grocery store more than once during your treatment to replenish your supply of fresh orange juice.
Prepare and Ingest the Cream of Tartar
- Measure the proper dosage of cream of tartar.
- Use a measuring teaspoon to extract 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of the cream of tartar powder from the jar.
- Use a utensil, such as a butter knife, to level out the dosage by scraping the excess cream of tartar powder from the measuring spoon back into the jar.
- Empty the measuring spoon of cream of tartar into a drinking glass.
- Use a drinking glass that will hold at least 8 oz. (226.79 g) of liquid.
- You may add a few drops of warm water to the cream of tartar powder before adding the orange juice to help the powder dissolve.
- Mix the cream of tartar with the orange juice.
- Pour 8 oz. (226.79 g) of orange juice into the glass over the powder and mix using a large spoon.
- Drink the cream of tartar and orange juice mixture nightly before going to bed.
Drinking the mixture before bedtime will help your body detoxify more
efficiently since your metabolism is slower while you sleep.
- Continue to drink the cream of tartar and orange juice mixture until you no longer crave nicotine. The treatment may take between 7 and 21 days depending on the amount of nicotine you smoked previously on a daily basis.
Although 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of cream of tartar is recommended on a daily basis, you may increase or decrease your daily dose by one-half of a tsp. (2.46 milliliters).
Things You'll Need
- 1.5 oz. (42.52 g) cream of tartar
- 72 oz. (2.13 liters) orange juice
- Measuring teaspoon
- Butter knife
- 8 oz. (226.79 g) drinking glass
- Mixing spoon
Sources and Citations