Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easy Healthy Chicken Goulash


Ingredients I used
  • 2 big pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast thawed and cut into chunks
  • 4 medium size red potatoes cut into chunks
  • 1/2 Red Bell Pepper cut into chuncks
  • 1/2 Zucchini cut into chuncks
  • 1/2 squash cut into chuncks
  • 1/4 onion sliced
  • 4 mushrooms sliced
  • 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
  • 1- 12 oz can of Tomato sauce
  • Italian seasoning to taste
  • 2 tbsp of minced garlic (I buy it already minced in a jar)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Wait

Okay, here’s the deal…I know it looks like a lot of ingredients and I usually shy away from that but, I was just throwing in what ever I had on hand…trying to make it as colorful as I could. You could just have chicken, potatoes and broccoli. Or you could make it with Shrimp instead. You could just put a bag of frozen veggies in there. The sky is the limit…Totally up to you. You do NOT have to use all those ingredients. Use your favorite veggies. Chad’s dad likes baby carrots. I think asparagus would be good too!

Make it

Preheat oven to 450.

Spray the bottom of a 9X12 glass cooking dish with non stick spray. Layer the meat on the bottom and then add all the veggies on top. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt (use sea salt…it has a stronger taste so you don’t need as much to get the same effect) and pepper. Pour the tomato sauce on top. Chad’s dad like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top…I left it out because I can’t have cheese. Griffin did like his with some mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top after I had cooked it.

Cook for 40-45 minutes

*Oh, and the picture is before I added the sauce. I have no idea why I did that..haha!


http://realfittraining.com/%20/easy-healthy-goulash-recipe

No comments: