Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, July 13, 2009

My Taco Salad for Lunch




Okay...so I have been getting creative! Trying to spice things up a bit! No pun intended!

I had leftover chicken in the fridge...it was all cooked and cubed and I needed to use it...before I ended up throwing it away.

I made enough for both my husband and me to have lunch!

Ingredients

8 0z chicken breast cooked and cubed....no skin
15 oz can of dark red kidney beans
1/2 can Hunts 100% Natural Diced tomatoes
1/3 cup onions
1/3 cup green pepper
Some Low-Sodium V-8 juice
Cumin and Chili Powder to taste

I put the above ingredients in a pan and cooked it for about 15 mins.

Additional Ingredients.
A little shredded mexican cheese
nonfat plain yogurt
salsa

Then I put some in a bowl. I sprinkled a light amount of finely shredded Mexican Cheese
I mixed 2 Tablespoons of Salsa and 2 tablespoons of Nonfat Plain Yogurt and put it on top of the mixture.

All I can say is that it was absolutely delicious and I will make my hubby a bowl, when he gets home!

No comments: