Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Morning Drink for Cleansing your Liver



Morning Drink: Lemon Cayenne Water

by jenny sansouci on January 26, 2012

Lately I’ve been starting out every morning with a big mason jar filled with water, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. It’s kind of like the master cleanse lemonade, but with no sweetener. When I drink it, I feel like I start my day with a clearing dose of detoxifying goodness.

Lemon cayenne water is a great way to cleanse your body regularly even when you’re not “on a cleanse.”

Drinking spicy water may sound gross to you, but with the lemon, you’ll actually start loving it. I’ll admit, the first time I did it, I put way too much cayenne in there – it wasn’t pleasant! Now, I just add a pinch, and I love it.

I’ve never actually done a Master Cleanse nor do I necessarily recommend it (it seems like it would be so hard!) but there’s a reason they include the lemon and cayenne in there.

Here’s why:

Lemon juice and cayenne pepper both have anti-fungal, immune boosting, and detoxification properties.

Lemon juice is great for digestion, destroying bacteria and cleansing the system - it supports the liver and kidneys to get rid of toxins.

Cayenne pepper increases metabolism, stimulates the circulatory system, aids digestion, helps regulate blood sugar and more.

Put them together and you have a very powerful cleansing drink!

My usual:

  • About 24 oz of water
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon (sometimes a whole lemon)
  • Pinch of cayenne (enough to feel the heat but not so spicy that it’s hard to get down)

So give it a try! It may become part of your new morning routine.



http://healthycrush.com/lemon-cayenne-water/

No comments: